pkg-fallout mails

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 5 00:54:52 UTC 2015

On 11/25/2015 2:33 AM, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Fernando Apesteguía
> <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This warning appears on pretty much all pkg-fallout e-mails for HEAD.
>>> It is a red-herring, and has nothing at all to do with why the e-mail is
>>> being sent.  It's just a warning: the host and jail versions are
>>> sufficiently close there is no actual conflict between the system kernel
>>> and the jail's userland even though that userland is more recent.
>>
>> Thanks for the explanation!

I should probably tweak the message and logic a bit to be less scary and
normal. It is mostly for people trying to build head packages from a 10
kernel which is easily not supported and usually results in obscure
failures like 'why is rm or this other basic tool not working?'.

Even on head these kinds of things have happened but it is very rare.
The last was due to capsicum changes a few years ago.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery