Samba 4.2 crashes

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Aug 25 19:18:47 UTC 2015

On 08/25/15 19:53, Stefan Esser wrote:

> I have seen that kind of failure when the port was built on a system
> that had www/libwww installed. In that case libmd5.so from libwww is
> linked to samba in preference of the system's libmd.so.

Thanks Stefan.
I had seen one of your messages, but did not quite understand it. I
wrote you in July, but the message was probably lost.

> I sent a note to the port's maintainer, a few weeks ago, but apparently
> he did not apply the patch I included, which fixes the port.
>
> In case you have libwww installed, you can simply temporarily deinstall
> it while you build samba42.

This worked.
Notice however that it was not enough to rebuild samba42.
The problem went away when I issued "portupgrade -Rf samba42", so is
your patch possibly needed in some dependency too?

Maybe we should open a bug report?

  bye & Thanks
	av.