A script to locate outdated, unmaintained ports on your machine

Tobias Rehbein tobias.rehbein at web.de
Thu Oct 30 20:07:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

one of the questions I ask myself from time to time is "Which
umaintained ports that have upstream updates available live on my
machine?". Knowing the answer might lead to the adoption and update of
some orphaned ports.

To answer this question for myself I hacked a simple shell script
perusing the 'pkg query' command and scraping portscout.freebsd.org.

Please feel free to take a look, test and comment. I hope somebody will
find it useful.

	https://github.com/blabber/lps

Best regards,

	Tobias