Xtide Broken on X86 X64 current

Manfred Antar null at pozo.com
Fri Oct 3 02:23:43 UTC 2014

At 02:02 PM 10/2/2014, A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven wrote:
>Manfred Antar wrote:
>
>[begin (sic)]
>> /usr/ports/astro/xtide doesn't complie on amd64 or i386 current for me
>> It uses /usr/local/bin/gcc48 for compiler.
>[snip]
>> If  you:
>> vi ./work/xtide-2.13.2/xxGlobal.cc
>>
>> and add to top of file:
>> extern "C" int isnan (double);
>>
>> It will compile.
>[end (sic)]
>
>Update:
>
>I checked this port on Redports with the X11 option enabled for releases
>8.4 to 9.3 with gcc48, both amd64 and i386. I also checked it locally on
>9.3/amd64 with Clang. In all of those instances the port builds fine both
>with and without your suggested fix(*).
>
>You might want to ask whether someone can test it on 10.X and/or
>11-CURRENT, possibly using Poudriere (which seems to be the only thing
>that's reliably working at the moment, quelle surprise). I'm including a
>patch that does what you suggest and can be used for testing. If it turns
>out to be the correct fix, you can attach it to a Bugzilla report if you
>choose to submit one.

Ok
I've done more research on this. Mac OSX has a patch so this will compile with clang without errors.
This is probably the best for current as clang is default compiler.
This patch from OSX works on 11.0 current
You have to remove USE_GCC line from Makefile
the patch patches configure.ac
so if you try to make without doing a autoconf in the src dir it will fail
so do make; it will fail; go to xtide src do autoconf;
then retry make, it will work.
you could make a patch to the new configure script and it will work fine.
Hope this all make some sense :)

||      null at pozo.com           ||
believed to be clean.