Thunderbird 24.5.0 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Fri May 2 23:01:53 UTC 2014

Am Fri, 2 May 2014 16:45:33 +1000
schrieb Robert Backhaus <robbak at robbak.com>:

> A backtrace would be useful. Re-make the port with make -DWITH_DEBUG
> clean build . Then cd into the work directory and run the program
> from there. You can run it directly, and then pull the backtrace from
> the dumpfile (gdb ./thunderbird thunderbird.core), or or run it
> inside of gdb (gdb ./thunderbird, then type run). Get the backtrace
> by typing 'bt full' into gdb once the program crashes.

Thanks to all who contributed so far.

As I am not familiar with analysing core dumps, I am giving below a
detailed log of all commands/actions that I have done so far:

# cd /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird

# make -DWITH_DEBUG clean build

Letting Thunderbird crash which produces "thunderbird.core".

$ gdb
 /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/comm-esr24/obj-x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.0/mozilla/dist/bin/thunderbird
thunderbird.core

The last command hast been executed as normal, e.g. non-root,
user, and produces "core_load.log".

(gdb) bt full

The last command produces "backtrace.log".

Please find both files attached. Please let me know,
if "thunderbird.core" should be needed as well. In this case I will
make it publically available.

I hope the backtrace gives some helpful information about the reason of
the segmentation fault.

Regards,
Peter