reason 23 why we've moved to linux

Esa Karkkainen ejk at iki.fi
Sat Mar 22 19:36:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 03:49:34AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> and i have two 9 systems where i try to use freebsd-update.  also a
> time-consuming rabbit hole leading nowhere pleasant.  e.g.
>
> # freebsd-update upgrade -r 9.2-RELEASE-p3

Lose the "-p3", because freebsd-update will get you to the lastet
patch level. If you don't like this behaviour, you can use svn.

So:

# freebsd-update upgrade -r 9.2-RELEASE

Please remeber, all hardware sucks, all software sucks.

If you think that some piece of HW, SW or FW does not suck, it is
because you have "acclimated" yourself to that piece of, oops I'm
starting to digress.

FWIW, I've been using FreeBSD since 1.x times and at that time I cursed
why ports would only work on 2.x, not on 1.x, because ports handed the
depenedcy hell when compiling that piece of, aand I'm digressing again.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."