roundcube's switch to composer, anything plugin port maintainers should be doing?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Tue Jun 3 13:16:23 UTC 2014

Am 03.06.2014 um 14:44 schrieb Alex Dupre <ale at freebsd.org>:

> Signierter PGP Teil
> Stefan Bethke ha scritto:
> > I was in the process of upgrading a roundcube plugin (sauserprefs)
> > and noticed that roundcube is switching/has swichted to composer.
> > This is the first time I’ve come across composer. Should I ignore
> > that for the moment? Is there work underway to convert the plugin
> > ports to use composer? Should the plugin ports be removed in favor
> > of using composer manually? Is composer production ready yet?
> >
> > Inquiring minds want to know…
>
> Hi Stefan, like you this is the first time I've come across
> 'composer'. It's a dependency manager, I have no plans to support it,
> you can ignore it for the moment.

The problem seems to be that plugin authors are moving to the new plugin repository, which is based around Composer.  The original download link for sauserprefs is already gone.

Unfortunately, for sauserprefs, there's only a snapshot version tagged (as I understand it), and the old version numbers for the plugin seem to have been abandoned.

I could start doing dated snapshots from the plugins site on my own mirror, but this doesn't seem it's the right thing to do.  I
ll get in touch with my plugin's author to see what his take is on the situation.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811