Sage update

Ajtim lumiwa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:18:09 UTC 2014

On Thursday 30 January 2014 01:26:18 Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
> On 01/29/2014 07:00 PM, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
> > I have just updated sage to version 6.0.  I have also made some changes
> > to help it work with FreeBSD-10, using ideas given to me by Daniel
> > Smith.  Since I don't have a fast computer using FreeBSD-10, I would
> > appreciate it if any of you guys could try it out and see if it works.
>
> I meant math/sage (for those who don't normally use it.)

I did try and I got the same error as before on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE (amd64):

Error building Sage.

The following package(s) may have failed to build:
tail: /usr/ports/math/sage/work/sage-6.0/logs/pkgs/*.log: No such file or directory

The build directory may contain configuration files and other potentially
helpful information. WARNING: if you now run 'make' again, the build
directory will, by default, be deleted. Set the environment variable
SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS to 'yes' to prevent this.

gmake[2]: *** [build] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/math/sage/work/sage-6.0'
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/math/sage
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/math/sage

===>>> make failed for math/sage