What is the problem with ports PR reaction delays?

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Mon Jan 27 11:39:12 UTC 2014

Hi!

> There have been some messages in this thread about users volunteering
> to check port PRs.
>
> What would this involve as to time and software setup on one's own computer?

I use the following workflow:

1)
  daily update to the /usr/ports tree using
  cd /usr/ports
  svn --non-interactive update

2)
  To check a port, I have a cpport script, which copies the port
  to a working directory:

----------
#!/usr/local/bin/bash

if [ X$1 = 'X' ]
then
    echo "usage: $0 <port/dir>"
    exit 1
fi

if [ ! -d /usr/ports/$1 ]
then
    echo "$0: error: invalid directory '/usr/ports/$1'"
    exit 1
fi

cd ~/myp && rm -rf $1

cd /usr/ports && tar cf - $1 | ( cd ~/myp; tar xf -)

3)
  If I test a port, I do a
  cd ~/myp/<port>
  make

This works most of the time.

poudriere is better, but needs disk and CPU time.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !