What is the problem with ports PR reaction delays?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 25 18:04:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 09:36:00AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On 1/25/14, 9:28 AM, John Marino wrote:
> > On 1/25/2014 18:11, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >> Still missing the point.  Git can sit on top of svn.
> >>
> > Other than converting SVN to Git, I don't know anything about that.  It
> > would never be done in an official capacity.  Git is not an official
> > tool of FreeBSD.
> >
> I encourage you to educate yourself then and then review the suggestions
> I gave.

I encourage you to give a shot at what you are suggesting. git-svn is broken for
committers as long as it doesn't properly handle properties.

> Continuing the discussion at this point would prove worthless.
>
> Here are some links to get yourself started:
>
> git-svn:
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html
> http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-and-Other-Systems-Git-and-Subversion
> http://viget.com/extend/effectively-using-git-with-subversion
>
> gerrit: a tool for review and automation of code submission:
> http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

phabricator will definitly give us more flexibility and work closer to our
requirements, instead of
pull request you will have new "reviews", the arc command allows you to fetch
the review and apply it to your working copy, it plays nicely with git, hg _and_
svn.

http://phabricator.org/

regards,
Bapt