xcb window size unusably small

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Mon Jan 20 23:16:23 UTC 2014

The size of the xcb program's frame for displaying the 'cut' data has shrunk
down to such a small size that I can no longer read what's in it.  The overall
window created by xcb is the right size but the frame within it that displays
the data in the buffer is tiny. This began sometime in the past few months
when I updated all of my ports to the then latest level. I have another system
that I've not updated the ports on recently (last July was the last time) that
doesn't have this problem.

This is on both a 9.2-stable system:

FreeBSD boba.immure.com 9.2-STABLE FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #20 r260004: Sat Dec 28 12:28:04 CST 2013     bob at luke.immure.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LUKE  amd64

and a 10.0-RC5 system:

FreeBSD luke.immure.com 10.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-PRERELEASE #2 r260872: Sun Jan 19 12:07:47 CST 2014     bob at boba.immure.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BOBA  amd64

Note that the system that xcb is still ok on is also a 9.2-stable system:

FreeBSD tavion.austin.ibm.com 9.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.2-PRERELEASE #10 r255473: Wed Sep 11 11:36:43 CDT 2013     bob at tavion.austin.ibm.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TAVION  amd64

I don't know if this is related or not, but one of the differences between the
working system and those that aren't is that the failing xcb systems have had
libxcb updated from 1.9.1 to 1.9.3.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any tips/ideas on where I should look?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | Philosophy, n.: