SV: Re: Updating openjdk6-b29 makes my system freeze and reboot

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Wed Jan 8 20:27:26 UTC 2014

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Från: Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at>
Datum:08-01-2014  20:26  (GMT+01:00)
Till: Leslie Jensen <leslie at eskk.nu>
Kopia: "ports at freebsd.org Ports" <ports at freebsd.org>,java at freebsd.org
Rubrik: Re: Updating openjdk6-b29 makes my system freeze and reboot

Am 08.01.2014 19:00 schrieb "Leslie Jensen" <leslie at eskk.nu>:

> openjdk6-b29                      <   needs updating (index has b28_7,1)
>

> When running portmaster -a my system freezes after a while and reboots.
>
> I don't know how to get past this.
>
> Any suggestions

The b29 update is triggering a serious bug in the kernel that causes this
issues. You can either update to a very recent FreeBSD stable (maximum
about a week old) or you can (forcibly) deinstall openjdk6 and install it
again which will use the bootstrapping jdk. Updating to b28 by using b29 to
compile it will not work.