lang/ruby19 distfile not found (ruby-1.9.3-p484.tar.bz2)

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Tue Jan 7 15:32:37 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-07, at 10:09 , Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd at ijs.si> wrote:

> Having a policy that a port needs at least one mirror in each
> protocol family would be very useful. A fallback mirror like
> ftp.freebsd.org could fill-in this job.

I'm really surprised that ftp.freebsd.org *isn't* guaranteed to have every distfile.  I was going to set up this VM to be running tinderbox and be my binary package distribution server, figuring that since it's an internal service it didn't really need v4 connectivity (all my other machines are dual-stacked).  I thought for sure I could rely on ftp.freebsd.org to get me files where maintainers didn't have their own distribution in both protocol families.  I was even thinking about recompiling the kernel without INET support.