pidgin with pidgin-sipe plugin now aborts on connect

Greg Rivers gcr+freebsd-ports at tharned.org
Sat Feb 15 04:38:32 UTC 2014

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014, Janky Jay, III wrote:

> Hello Greg,
>
> Simply editing the Makefile and the distinfo file inside the
> net-im/pidgin-sipe directory worked fine for me. I did the following:
>
> [snip]

Thanks for figuring this out.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014, Steve Wills wrote:

> There are some additional changes needed, see PR ports/186783. This
> version passes poudriere testport.
>
> Also, PR ports/183941 was submitted to update to 1.17.0, but had some
> issues with KRB5 and wasn't committed. This version builds fine with
> KRB5 for me, so I think 183941 can be closed.

I'm happy to report that the patch from ports/186783 successfully updates
pidgin-sipe to version 1.18.0, and as a result pidgin once again works
with sipe accounts.  pidgin does however still abort when I close the
chat, i.e. go offline.

Thanks to both of you for fixing this.  I think this is worth committing
now even if you can't immediately solve the abort on close issue; this is
way better than the current pidgin-sipe port.  Thanks again!

--
Greg