pkg upgrade breaks with mariadb migration

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 14 15:31:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014, at 8:07, Beeblebrox wrote:
> > Although I suspect you could have a different problem. Are you mixing  FreeBSD and your private repository?
>
> No. When I upgrade, I specify the repo: # pkg upgrade -r myrepo
> On the other hand, I'm merging gnome3 from the marcuscom-devel repo.
> It's possible those ports may have some hard-coded "mysql" reference
> in them...

There are a lot of ports out there that are not setting database
dependencies correctly. They should be using

USE_MYSQL

not something like

RUN_DEPENDS+=
${LOCALBASE}/bin/mysqld_safe:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysql55-server

Perhaps one of the ports you're trying to install has this problem. If
you can narrow it down that would be great.