[FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] Time to bid farewell to the old pkg_ tools

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 4 07:06:10 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 03:23, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:
> /# find /var/db/pkg -type d -name "p5*" | xargs -J % find -type f -name
> "+CONTENTS" -exec grep -H "5.12" {} \; | grep pm | gtr -s \/ "\n" | grep
> p5 | sort | uniq | xargs -J % portmaster -d -B -P -i -g % && yell || yell
>
> That pipe, corrected ( the working version includes an incrementing |
> head -NN |  thru hundreds of p5 upgrades,  15-25  at a time,
> so easy completion of the upgrade  with
> only a repeat with the up arrow and a minor edit ,)  handily upgraded a
> /perl5/ subdirectory to
> the default on several installs.

Which is a remarkably complicated equivalent to:

   pkg set -o perl5.12:perl5.16
   pkg install -fR perl5.16

I'm sure though if you really must have fun with pipelines that you
could start with:

   pkg query %ro perl5

but working out how to divide that into chunks and feed into portmaster
is up to you.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--