[Upgrade to FreeBSD10] hplip issue

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 00:18:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 4:14 AM, David Marec <david.marec at davenulle.org> wrote:
>     On 01.02.2014 10:39, David Marec wrote:
>>
>> First, I had to rebuild the port to switch on the 'scanning feature',
>> which is not available by the binary package, but scanning still fails.
>

> Finally, while checking in the hplip configuration files, I found that the
> scanning feature was still disabled in the file
>     /usr/local/etc/hp/hplip.conf
> So, I changed the entry line :
>     scanner-build=yes
>
> and now, the scanner can be used.
>
> I don't know why this file was not updated during the hplip installation.

According to the pkg-plist:

@unexec if cmp -s %D/etc/hp/hplip.conf.sample %D/etc/hp/hplip.conf;
then rm -f %D/etc/hp/hplip.conf; fi
etc/hp/hplip.conf.sample
@exec if [ ! -f %B/hplip.conf ]; then cp -p %D/%F %B/hplip.conf; fi

 if there were any changes to hplip.conf file, it doesn't get removed
when the port is uninstalled.  And if the file exists, it won't
overwrite your changes.

Did you customize this file before you re-installed?

Does the hplip.conf.sample file have scanner-build=yes?

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.