FreeBSD Port: phpMyAdmin-4.1.14

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 28 06:13:03 UTC 2014

On 28/04/2014 06:06, Ken wrote:
> The latest couple phpMyAdmin updates has had some major update dependency issues. Now, phpMyAdmin errors out and doesn’t install.
>
> It’s not checking the correct directory to see if PHP is already installed – then errors out at the end of the compile.
>
> Here is the log :
>
> ==>   phpMyAdmin-4.1.14 depends on file: /usr/local/include/php/main/php.h - found
> ===>   phpMyAdmin-4.1.14 depends on file: /usr/local//libphp5.so - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local//libphp5.so in /usr/ports/lang/php53

I don't see this in my testing on Redports or on my own systems.  Also,
there have not been any structural changes to the phpMyAdmin port for a
very long time; just a very long series of bumping up the version and
redoing the distinfo.

So I think there's something odd about your environment.

Can you show us the output of:

      make -C /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin -V PHP_VERSION -V PHP_EXT_DIR

If you don't get a sensible value for PHP_EXT_DIR, what is returned from:

     /usr/local/bin/php-config --extension-dir

plus what do you have in /etc/make.conf and /usr/local/etc/php.conf ?

Two things I'd look at carefully at:

  1) are you're using the new defaults mechanism correctly?

For instance, I have this in my poudriere build environment:

# grep -i php /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
DEFAULT_PHP_VER=	5
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=     perl5=5.18 ruby=2.0 apache=2.2 pgsql=9.3 php=5.4
mysql=5.6

DEFAULT_PHP_VER should be redundant there; I haven't got around to
testing without it.

   2) Do you have consistent settings for Zend Thread Safety everywhere?

Actually, given you're running php53 and there isn't a www/mod_php53
port and the mod_phpNN port is the other place to check the ZTS setting
I'm now wondering if everyone running php53 is having difficulty
installing phpMyAdmin or any other PHP applications?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.