[CFT] x11-servers/xorg-server with initial (GCD) Grand Central Dispatch support

Ivan Klymenko fidaj at ukr.net
Wed Apr 23 12:26:34 UTC 2014

В Wed, 23 Apr 2014 08:58:24 +0200
Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org> пишет:

> Thank you for those patches, imho that is something we really do
> need.
> I would just have a couple of side notes:
> Wouldn't it be possible to use callbacks in the dispatch call rather
> than blocks?

If I understand you correctly...
Unfortunately not for all areas of the code it is possible ...
I, in fact, only parallelize loops for "for" operator.
The remaining sections of code where this is possible, I have not
looked.
If translate to the use of GCD more significantly - then need to
rewrite a lot of code.

> that will make the patch work on FreeBSD 8, 9, 10 and
> head with clang AND gcc, which will greatly improves the chances to
> see those patch well tested and used enough to finally be
> incorporated in the ports.

I started doing what I know how and what I can :)
If there is help, examples and comments from others - I'm just glad :)