Mesa and libICE issues

Da Rock freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Sat Apr 19 01:20:08 UTC 2014

I'm just getting used to tinderbox and pkgng as well, which is adding a
new dimension to the issue; this is a new tinderbox setup though, so it
shouldn't be an issue.

I'm trying to do a new build for a new FreeBSD 10 install, and I'm
running into issues with building for Xorg. It does seem rather odd though.

Firstly, Mesa related ports lib/dri and lib/GL are failing with
configure errors, with a message that a sanity check on /lib/cpp fails
(which the /lib/cpp is not around), and looking at the log it shows that
it is failing when it runs cc -V saying it is missing input. I tried the
command myself and it doesn't work. It also is only those two ports as
far as I can see atm.

Second, lib/SM is saying it can't find libICE (missing dependency ORIGIN).

I'm still trying to learn how to get around tinderbox, but I updated the
ports tree again and rmPort on each of those, but still get the same
errors. Can someone see how to get around these issues?

Cheers