jailaudit and pkg

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Apr 17 20:46:49 UTC 2014

Hello.

I'm not sure, but I might have find an unintended behaviour in jailaudit.

I have a system which I have not yet migrated to pkgng (neither base nor
any jail).
However, pkg has been installed by the latest net-snmp upgrade (why I
don't know).

Now this is what I get:
> # jailaudit generate
>
> Downloading a current audit database:
> pkgng support enabled, using /usr/local/sbin/pkg version 1.2.7_2.
>
> pkg: No packages installed
> pkg: No packages installed
> pkg: No packages installed

AFAICT jailaudit sees the pkg port and thinks all jails have been
converted to pkgng; this renders it useless for any jail which is still
managed the old way.
Of course I could be using pkgng in some jails and/or the base system;
still it would not work for the other jails.

Am I wrong? Is there a workaround?

  bye & Thanks
	av.