port request - dnssec/tlsa validator

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Mon Apr 14 14:56:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've found myself agreeing to write an article on DNSSEC and TLSA
validation for the FreeBSD Journal. There's a firefox/chrome/etc
plugin for performing DNSSEC/TLSA validation at
https://www.dnssec-validator.cz/.

I would really like to have this as a port or package before the
article comes out. Is there any chance I could prevail on one of you
fine folks to make a port?

Peter Wemm successfully built and uses a native version of the
plugin. He's got a patchset at
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/MF-dnssec-tlsa_validator-2.1.1-freebsd-x64.diff.txt.
(He also have the binary for download at
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/MF-dnssec-tlsa_validator-2.1.1-freebsd-x64.xpi
but, well, it's an unofficial binary.)

In theory (knock on wood), given the patch, it should be pretty
straightforward to make a port?

If not, no worries. I'll add in some instructions on how to build
it. But having the plugin would make things easier for a lot of
people.

Thanks,
==ml

--