Port: net-p2p/zetacoin

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 15:02:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Daniel Morante <daniel at morante.net> wrote:
> I'm done making the update and I am generating the diff file to submit.  I
> am unsure of how to generate and submit a patch for the changes in
> ports/UIDs and ports/GIDs, ports/UPDATING.
>
> I am using the svn diff method:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html#svn-diff

If you made the change to your port in /usr/ports, then do:

cd /usr/ports
svn diff > zetacoin.diff

as long as this is the only port that you had changed, other wise
you'll get a diff of all the changes in your ports tree.  You may also
have to mention to apply the patch to /usr/ports instead of the
zetacoin directory.

The other option is to send 2 patches.  First submit the PR with the
diff for your port (mention that you'll be submitting a patch for UID,
GID and UPDATING).

Then when you get the reply from FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org,
submit a follow-up for the PR (make sure to submit the followup to
bug-followup at freebsd.org) with the patch for UID, GID and UPDATING.