Port: net-p2p/zetacoin

Daniel Morante daniel at morante.net
Fri Apr 11 23:19:00 UTC 2014

I'm updating the port and at the same time making some changes to the
rc.d start up script.
I have added the option to change the user that zetacoind runs as:

: ${zetacoin_user="root"}
: ${zetacoin_group="wheel"}

zetacoin_create_datadir()
{
     echo "Creating data directory"
     eval mkdir -p ${zetacoin_datadir}
     [ $? -eq 0 ] && chown -R ${zetacoin_user}:${zetacoin_group}
${zetacoin_datadir}
     ln -s ${zetacoin_datadir} /.zetacoin
}

I'm not sure if I should leave it defaulting to root/wheel or have the
port create a "zetacoin" user and group and have it use that to begin with.

Should I just let the end user make that decision?

The problem I see with defaulting to a "zetacoin" user is that existing
installations will need to manually change the owner and group of the
data directory.

Thoughts?