PHP Warning: Unable to load dynamic library

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 11 09:20:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:57:00 +0200
Alex Dupre <ale at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> O. Hartmann ha scritto:
> > Since a couple of days by now I get bothered by this nasty error
> > corrupting all the services provided via Apache24/PHP:
> >
> > [...] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> > '/usr/local/lib/php/20100525-zts/xsl.so' - Cannot open
> > "/usr/local/lib/php/20100525-zts
> >
> > This happens to all .so libraries, apache24 want to load upon
> > start. The path is /usr/local/lib/php/20100525, NOT
> > /usr/local/lib/php/20100525-zts.
> >
> > I recompiled apache and all php stuff without option ZTS enabled to
> > get rid of the wrong path, but it seems I didn't hit the culprit
> > port.
>
> You did exactly the opposite of what you had to do. As the WARNING
> says, build lang/php5 with ZTS enabled and rebuild all extensions.
>
> - --
> Alex Dupre

Hello Alex,

well, it is a bit confusing and I think the update path wasn't clear when the switch to
mod_php5 was made.

At this very moment, I recompile ALL php5 ports including mod_php5 with ZTS enabled as I
use a threaded apache24. I also deleted /usr/local/lib/php/20100525 to ensure that
nothing is left what could corrupt (I also deleted/moved etc/php/extensions.ini).

After making both php5 and mod_php5 consistent, the problems went away.

Thank you very much.

Oliver