XMMS options and plugins

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Wed Apr 9 21:21:30 UTC 2014

While I have reverted the knee-jerk deprecation and expiration of
the remaining XMMS plugin ports, I *do* think that a lot of these
are likely cruft and could go away.  So don't rely on me to keep
all plugins alive.

I've also been pointed to a swath of plugins that have already been
removed on March 23 with r348843.  Looking over that list, I don't
see anything that I might want to bring back, with the possible
exception of xmms-faad.
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=348843

Finally, who uses XMMS's RUSXMMS_PATCHES option?  These patches are
very intrusive and getting rid of them would simplify the port.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de