Repair pkgng

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Wed Apr 9 16:57:39 UTC 2014

Adam McDougall wrote:

>> A clean /var/db/pkg has these contents (or similar):
>>   auditfile
>>   local.sqlite
>>   repo-FreeBSD.sqlite
>>   vuln.xml
>>
>> A clean /var/db/ports directory has these contents
>>   */options
>>
>> That's it.  No distfiles.
>
> I believe I've heard /var/db/pkg/something/distfiles is a dropping
> specifically from portmaster.  Doesn't matter if pkgng or not.

That would make sense. I just checked my build jail (Portmaster + PKGNG):

/var/db/ports only contains */options and /var/db/pkg contains a few PKGNG
files (e.g. local.sqlite) and */distfiles. The latter are text files that
explicitly contain the lines (and only those lines)

# Added by portmaster
DISTFILE:blablabla.tar.gz:SIZE=123456789:SHA256=foobarfeepxyzzywaldofred

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.