FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Apr 7 17:30:10 UTC 2014

Once again I am seeing this dreadful list and once again I am wondering... Why
are we removing ports simply for being "unmaintained"?

Those with build-errors -- Ok, I understand, bit-rot happens. Those with (much)
newer versions available -- sure.

But simply "unmaintained" -- that does not seem right...

graphics/qvplay is just an example -- linimon's list contains many more ports,
whose only "fault" is not having an active maintainer...

    -mi