deprecated net/wizd

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 20:26:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM,  <kikuchan at uranus.dti.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi, list.
>
> This change
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=302141
> caused this issue
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=304032
> and, unfortunately the port was removed a month ago.
>
> I've found work/wizd is generated properly during a build step,
> but the combination of
>> Move the rc.d scripts of the form *.sh.in to *.in
> (resulting files/wizd.sh.in -> files/wizd.in)
> and
>> NO_WRKSUBDIR= yes
> overwrites work/wizd executable file by files/wizd.in automatically.
>
> This might happen on other ports with the same combination.
>
> Simply renaming *.in back to *.sh.in solve this problem,
> but I have no idea how to fix it
> because I don't know the real reason of the change (*.sh.in to *.in).
>
> I hope the port will be back somehow.

I just submitted a fix for the port:

Basically, I had to remove NO_WRKSUBDIR, and define EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS
so that the port builds the wizd daemon in ${WRKSRC} and creates the
rc.d script in ${WRKDIR}.

The author of revision 302141 should have fixed the port after the
breakage had occurred.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.