editors/vim: why text file browser is missing in default build?

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Mon Sep 23 11:51:03 UTC 2013

CeDeROM wrote:

> When I get binary package of VIM there is no browser on ":bro op"
> command. When I build it by hand I have this browser. Is it possible
> to introduce file browser by default? I mean the text file browser in
> console mode...

That sounds like something you'd best take up with the port maintainer.
The full-blown Vim port (editors/vim) has quite a few options and some
kind of choice has to be made as to which one of those are enabled by
default (I'm assuming that default settings are used for building the
official binary packages). So essentially you'd have to convince the port
maintainer that this particular feature should be enabled by default.

Note: if you built editors/vim using the default settings and got that
browser while the binary package doesn't have it, the port maintainer may
be able to explain how that can happen.

Hth,

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.