[HEADSUP][CFT] New compiler USES flag, please test, review comment

Pietro Cerutti gahr at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 13 15:04:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-Sep-13, 15:17, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> USES= compiler:c++11
>
> Means you need a c++1 capable compiler but not necessary a c++ 11 aware standard
> library, in that case if the base compiler is not able to support c++11 clang33
> will be used from ports otherwise gcc 4.6+ if you specify it in make.conf.
>
> USES= compiler=stdc++11
>
> You need a c++11 aware stdlibrary, if the base compiler doesn't have it then gcc
> 4.6+ will be used.

Very nice! I suggest to change these last two names in

c++11-lang
c++11-lib

since 'stdc++11' sounds too much like libstdc++ for me (implying GNU's
implementation).

.2$

--
Pietro Cerutti