Problems building www/webkit-gtk2 after dumping base gcc on 10-CURRENT

Jimmy Kelley ljboiler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 21:54:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

As part of slogging through the iconv change this last week, I deleted the webkit-gtk2 port (and
things that depended on it) to allow a portupgrade -af session to run without taking
the ENTIRE weekend.  I then went ahead and upgraded the base system which included the removal of
the gcc tools.  So far, so good...  and now to rebuild webkit and those others I had removed.

Trying with clang, it errors out looking for <ext/atomicity.h> in Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/Atomics.h.
No such file anywhere to be found, and with the ifdefs in that file I figured it must have been
part of the base gcc stuff.   So I installed gcc from the ports, set WITH_GCC=4.4+ and tried again.

atomicity.h is now found and away it chugs for a long time.
The new result is a linker error about not finding libstdc++, and I'm scratching my head because
that file is right there where the gcc port installed it.  I did what the gnome-libtool suggested
and added a -v to print the full text of the link command being run, and to my suprise it appears
that the gnome-libtool is using the system base compiler, not the gcc one as directed by the
WITH_GCC option, to do the linking step.

Just to be sure, 'make clean' and 'make' again, and watching with ps shows g++/gcc being run to
compile the source files, but cc when it hits that linking stage.

I'm no expert on libtool/gnome-libtool;  anybody have any ideas of what I could do to debug this?

Jimmy