enlightenment-0.17.4 hanging from xdm

Larry Baird lab at gta.com
Thu Sep 5 16:13:25 UTC 2013

In article <11385.115016.78583 at localhost> you wrote:
> On 09/05/13 17:42, Matthieu Volat wrote:
>> Hi e17 users,
>>
>> I can't get e17 to start a session from xdm, and it's quite unreliable from startx too... There's no big error message in .xsession, it just seems to hang after :
>> RUN INIT: /usr/local/lib/enlightenment/utils/enlightenment_init
>> '/usr/local/share/enlightenment/data/themes/default.edj' '0'
>> 'Enlightenment' '0.17.4'
>>
>> There's no problem if I rollback to 0.17.3... I'm in 9.2-RC3 amd64 with clang set as port compiler... (tried to rebuild just enlightenment with gcc with no avail). Does anybody has found this problem and maybe a solution?
>>

> Hi Matthieu,
>
> You need to rebuild graphics/evas-core using gcc, this should resolve
> your problem.
I also ran into this issue.  If the enlightment directory (.e) exists
enlightment will hange on restart. I am not at my enlightemnt box, but from
memory I did the following:
    1) rm -rf .e
    2) startx
    3) Use enlightment control panel to disable startup banner.
    4) Exit enlightment and verify it restarts with startx.

Larry