Perl port to select in make.conf

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 3 12:24:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:22:23 +0400 (MSK)
Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, RW wrote:
>

> > When you install perl (as part of an upgrade or as a dependency) it
> > writes the new PERL_VERSION into make.conf.
>
> Well, all would go well unless it was a *special* make.conf used for
> poudriere bulk building instead of system one.
>
> Well, possibly I should use 'could stop' instead of
> definitively-looking 'will stop'

I don't see why that would stop perl being updated, the minor and
major versions are sufficient to identify the correct port. An out of
date patch level in PERL_VERSION could affect dependent ports that have
very fine grained version requirements, and need a specific patch level,
but that's very rare.