port security/openssh-portable compile error.

Frederico Costa fredports at mufley.com
Mon Sep 2 08:20:16 UTC 2013

Hi all...

Not sure if this is the correct way of asking for a bit of help, but i
have been trying to upgrade the ports in one of my servers, and when i
am trying to upgrade the port security/openssh-portable to the following
version:

openssh-portable-6.2.p2_3,1

It will fail to compile, with the standard options set for the config
with the following:

cc -o sshd sshd.o auth-rhosts.o auth-passwd.o auth-rsa.o auth-rh-rsa.o
audit.o audit-bsm.o audit-linux.o platform.o  sshpty.o sshlogin.o
servconf.o serverloop.o  auth.o auth1.o auth2.o auth-options.o session.o
auth-chall.o auth2-chall.o groupaccess.o  auth-skey.o auth-bsdauth.o
auth2-hostbased.o auth2-kbdint.o  auth2-none.o auth2-passwd.o
auth2-pubkey.o auth2-jpake.o  monitor_mm.o monitor.o monitor_wrap.o
kexdhs.o kexgexs.o kexecdhs.o  auth-krb5.o  auth2-gss.o gss-serv.o
gss-serv-krb5.o  loginrec.o auth-pam.o auth-shadow.o auth-sia.o
md5crypt.o  sftp-server.o sftp-common.o  roaming_common.o roaming_serv.o
sandbox-null.o sandbox-rlimit.o sandbox-systrace.o sandbox-darwin.o
sandbox-seccomp-filter.o -L. -Lopenbsd-compat/ -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-all -lssh -lopenbsd-compat
-lwrap -lpam -lcrypto -lz  -lutil -lcrypt
cc -o scp scp.o progressmeter.o bufaux.o -L. -Lopenbsd-compat/
-L/usr/local/lib  -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-all -lssh
-lopenbsd-compat -lcrypto -lz  -lutil -lcrypt
loginrec.o: In function `syslogin_write_entry':
loginrec.c:(.text+0x2f1): undefined reference to `login'
loginrec.c:(.text+0x31b): undefined reference to `logout'
loginrec.c:(.text+0x34e): undefined reference to `logwtmp'
*** [sshd] Error code 1
1 error
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the
failure to
the maintainer.
*** [do-build] Error code 1

--

In terms of config options for the port i have set:

LIBEDIT
OVERWRITE_BASE
PAM
TCP_WRAPPERS

And i am using FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p6.

I checked by downloading a source code from openssh, with no freebsd
patches, and the it compiles without any problem.

Is someone able to help me in debugging this compilation error?
Of course if you need more information about this error, please let me
know and i should be able to get it.

Thanks in advance

Fred