RFT: bsd.stage.mk overhaul v1

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 31 01:16:47 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I have spent a few hours at getting bsd.stage.mk in a better shape,
meaning more easily maintained, faster, more robust, more usable.

To that extent, I have split the actual code out from Mk/bsd.stage.mk
into Mk/Scripts/check-stagedir.sh and use it for "make check-orphans"
and "make makeplist".

It prints fewer false positives now, prints more useful statements for
direct use in pkg-plist for directories outside prefix.

*A detailed description is prepended to the patch.*

This needs testing on lots of ports, and after a review and initial
tests by others also possibly an -exp run to see where we will end.

The patch is attached and also available for download from:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mandree/stage-upgrade-v1.patch.
To be applied against /usr/ports.

Best regards
Matthias