FreeBSD Port: lang/sbcl

Brendan Fabeny bf1783 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 02:39:05 UTC 2013

On 10/9/13, Joseph Mingrone <jrm at ftfl.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After upgrading sbcl to 1.1.12, stumpwm no longer compiles.  I'm
> compiling stumpwm from the git repository, which hasn't changed in quite
> awhile.
>
> If there is anything I can test or any other information I can provide,
> please let me know.
>
> Joseph
>
> % gmake
> /usr/local/bin/sbcl --load ./make-image.lisp
> This is SBCL 1.1.12, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
> More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.
>
> SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
> It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
> BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
> distribution for more information.
> WARNING:
>    compiling #<STATIC-FILE "sb-bsd-sockets" "NEWS"> completed without its
> input file #P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/sb-bsd-sockets/NEWS"
> WARNING:
> input file #P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/sb-bsd-sockets/NEWS"
> WARNING:
>    compiling #<STATIC-FILE "sb-bsd-sockets" "TODO"> completed without its
> input file #P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/sb-bsd-sockets/TODO"
> WARNING:
> input file #P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/sb-bsd-sockets/TODO"
>
> debugger invoked on a ASDF/FIND-SYSTEM:MISSING-COMPONENT:
>   Component STUMPWM not found

Yes, lang/sbcl switched to a newer version of ASDF, which handles the
dependent ports that are now broken because of this as part of the
sbcl update, but I was coming under some pressure to update sbcl, and
I didn't have a lot of time. From my cursory look during the sbcl
update, I believe that this error can be fixed by patching the broken
dependent ports so that they issue a pathspec to the working directory
in the "require" statement in the Makefile, or by splitting eache of
the broken ports into two subports, one of which installs source code
in the system module directory, and another which subsequently
compiles it, as is done now for some of the cl-* ports.  I don't know
if there are other problems. When the ASDF port and other CL compilers
are updated to newer versions of ASDF, the broken ports will probably
not work with them, either.

Regards,
          b.