teTeX and TeXLive

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Thu May 16 17:11:31 UTC 2013

On 16 May 2013 14:02, "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <fonz at skysmurf.nl> wrote:

> Hiroki Sato wrote:
>
> >  If you want to use TeXLive, please try to use the following knob:
> >
> >  TEX_DEFAULT= texlive
>  [snip]
> >  Please test TeXLive and send your failure report to me.  Once it is
> >  confirmed that TEX_DEFAULT=texlive works, I will switch the default
> >  value from tetex to texlive at some point.
>
> Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to do any testing myself (busy busy
> busy), but the following issues have been reported on the FreeBSD Forums
> and I'm passing them along here.
>
> If you're not on the Forums and you'd like me to either pass back a
> response or ask followup questions, let me know.

Thanks for your message.... But :)

> AvW
>
> * print/latex-cjk has option DVIPDFMX hardcoded to teTeX stuff.

That is a problem for the latex-cjk port maintainer.

> * print/freetype-tools's RUNDEPEND=t1asm is hard coded to teTeX and
>   conflicted with bulk print/texlive-base's pkg-plist.

That is a problem for the freetype maintainers.

> * print/texlive-base needs to be more modularized to achieve drop-in
>   replacement with teTeX for downstream ports.

This in particular is a long term goal, however I and many others greatly
appreciate Hiroki-san's efforts to bring TeX Live to FreeBSD ports.  It may
come later.

Chris