Where has all the groupware gone.....

Joe Malcolm jmalcolm at uraeus.com
Sun Mar 31 13:50:52 UTC 2013

On Mar 18, 2013, at 4:30 AM, Marco Steinbach wrote:

> Paul Pathiakis wrote on 17.03.2013 20:46:
>> Hi,
>> I have tried building many pieces of groupware so that I can replace MS at various client sites.
>> However:
>> zimbra?  No port.  (Hardcoded /opt/zimbra)
>> kolab?  No port.    (Hardcoded /kolab  - This could work if they got rid of the idiocy of "OpenPKG")
>> (A kolab port could easily be done if all the dependencies their rpms were made into a port for it. - It should work fairly easily with ZFS)
>> Citadel?  No port.  Got it working and seems pretty decent.
>> SimpleGroupware - Not DB independent, MySQL only
>> Tine?  Not DB independent, MySQL only  (Who does that in this day and age?)
>> Horde?  Port is cumbersome and very few tips anywhere to get it up and running quickly on FreeBSD  (Is there a doc I can't find?)
>> Horde
>> Web?  Same as Horde
>> Egroupware?  Sweet... Works nice and seems very useful.  Many compliments from people on how well it works.  Phpgroupware?  Not really groupware in the form of the others above.
>> I'm just evaluating.  I have no affiliation with any.  However, the lack thereof when we could be inserting groupware FreeBSD servers in clients... :-)
>> Thank you for checking into this and creating real ports and/or documentation.
>> P.
>
> FYI: A port for SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) has been submitted.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175947

Thanks for pointing this out! I had missed this. However, I just tried it on a not-that-recently 10-current:

fub% uname -a
FreeBSD fub 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Feb 16 19:38:01 UTC 2013     root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

and it errors out with:

 Compiling file SOGo+DAV.m ...
SOGo+DAV.m:134:2: warning: #warning all REPORT method should be standardized...
SOGo+DAV.m:340:2: warning: #warning this is a bit ugly, as usual
SOGo+DAV.m:480:5: warning: #warning evil eVIL EVIl!
 Linking tool sogod ...
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/crt1.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `_DYNAMIC' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/crt1.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[4]: *** [obj/sogod] Error 1
gmake[3]: *** [internal-tool-all_] Error 2
gmake[2]: *** [sogod.all.tool.variables] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [internal-all] Error 2
gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2
*** [do-build] Error code 2

Which, FWIW, is what I got when I tried doing it myself. Some google produced a hazy idea of what it means but not how to fix it.

Joe