Gnustep group

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Sun Mar 17 23:21:41 UTC 2013

Chris Petrik <cpet at sdf.org> wrote ..
> On 03/17/2013 04:23 PM, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > John Marino <freebsdml at marino.st> wrote ..

> >> FWIW - All the GNUstep ports build fine in DPorts (ports on DragonFly).
> >>    However, the compiler uses is the base compiler, which is GCC 4.7 with
> >> ObjC built-in.
> >>
> >> That would imply setting USE_GCC=4.6+ would "fix" gnustep on ports, no?
> >>
> >> John

> > Maybe it will work, I tried with gcc48. One of the gnustep ports is stuck on
> trying to build gcc4.2 for some reason.. I don't recall which one at the moment,
> i think it was base?
> >
> I would try the next minimum build which is 4.4 if that works then add
> in 4.4+ etc.. but i havent messed with it yet.

Yes, this should work. BUT why the heck would one of the GNUstep ports stubbornly demand to try to install gcc 4.2 from ports? Something to check out.

GNUstep src from svn builds without any troubles, so it should be very easy to set up some new ports IMHO. The GNUstep apps build OK too, it's just a matter of setting the variable GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES to point to the Makefiles.

Here's a screen shot of GORM running on my FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT machine w/ XFCE4 desktop.

https://dx.burplex.com/ui/gorm-sreenshot.png

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA