Where has all the groupware gone.....

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 19:46:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have tried building many pieces of groupware so that I can replace MS at various client sites.

However:

zimbra?  No port.  (Hardcoded /opt/zimbra)
kolab?  No port.    (Hardcoded /kolab  - This could work if they got rid of the idiocy of "OpenPKG")
(A kolab port could easily be done if all the dependencies their rpms were made into a port for it. - It should work fairly easily with ZFS)

Citadel?  No port.  Got it working and seems pretty decent.

SimpleGroupware - Not DB independent, MySQL only
Tine?  Not DB independent, MySQL only  (Who does that in this day and age?)

Horde?  Port is cumbersome and very few tips anywhere to get it up and running quickly on FreeBSD  (Is there a doc I can't find?)
Horde
 Web?  Same as Horde

Egroupware?  Sweet... Works nice and seems very useful.  Many compliments from people on how well it works.

Phpgroupware?  Not really groupware in the form of the others above.

I'm just evaluating.  I have no affiliation with any.  However, the lack thereof when we could be inserting groupware FreeBSD servers in clients... :-)

Thank you for checking into this and creating real ports and/or documentation.

P.