firefox 19.0,1 crashing under FreeBSD 7

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 13 19:18:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have:

-> system running FreeBSD 7-STABLE
-> ports tree updated and rebuilt by me on this box

Everything works fine, but when I try to run firefox 19.0,1
it crashes randomly.  On the console, I am seeing this
error message:

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not
been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
Assertion failed: (!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq), function
dequeue_pending_request, file xcb_io.c, line 178.
Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

I know that FreeBSD 7 is not supported by the ports team,
but if there is a simple fix that I can do on my system, that
would be great, since everything else works fine on this box.

--
Craig