9.1-RELEASE is out - is there any hope for an actual graphics/gimp-app?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 11:42:56 UTC 2013

On 03/09/13 01:23, Matthieu Volat wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 05:14:09 -0600 ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Search in mailing list about GIMP 2.8 and you should find a
>> response from maintainer. As I remember we will wait on the 2.8
>> still... BTW; I use  live linux cd and it work very good. There are
>> also OpenBSD Live CDs and OpenBSD has 2.8. I don't know how is with
>> plugins on OpenBSD.
>
> Good news, everybody: many gnome-related ports where bumped to
> versions high enough to build babl, gegl and gimp in their latest
> versions.
>
> I suppose gimp 2.8 in port is near, but the impatient can more safely
> use the updated makefiles I updated a while ago :
> https://github.com/mazhe/gimp28_ports

Do. Not. Want. Is there any way to prevent GIMP from upgrading when the
update in ports is official?

> Disclaimer : you still have to revert to gimp 2.6 before tasks like
> portmaster -r if they impact babl/gegl/gimp, as older gimp do not
> build with older babl/gegl

Maybe not with the latest versions, but I have gegl with Gimp 2.6

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt