regression: lang/gcc47, gcc48 on amd64: configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Wed Mar 6 22:33:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> Hi Gerald
>
> amd64 r246552 with clang

clang may be related.

Can you look into what happens here?  My tests (with a full build)
definitely have succeeded, and they have actually used clang as cc
on FreeBSD 10.

Is this specific to amd64 for you and works on i386, say?

> Shall I open a GCC PR?

No, unless it looks like a general issue.  So far my guess is that
it may be something in your environment.

Gerald