git contrib install failed

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 18 07:02:32 UTC 2013

Am 17.06.2013 22:46, schrieb Albert Shih:
> Hi everyone
>
> When I try to upgrade git I got this error in the installation (the ports
> build work fine)
>
> install -m 755 git-subtree /usr/local/libexec/git-core
> asciidoc -b docbook -d manpage -f ../../Documentation/asciidoc.conf \
>         -agit_version=1.8.3.1 git-subtree.txt
> xmlto -m ../../Documentation/manpage-normal.xsl  man git-subtree.xml
> xmlto: /usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.3.1/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml does not validate (status 3)
> xmlto: Fix document syntax or use --skip-validation option
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
> /usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.3.1/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml:2: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> D DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
>                                                                                ^
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
> warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> validity error : Could not load the external subset "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> Document /usr/ports/devel/git/work/git-1.8.3.1/contrib/subtree/git-subtree.xml does not validate
> gmake: *** [git-subtree.1] Erreur 13
> *** [post-install] Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/git.
> *** [reinstall] Error code 1
>

> Without contrib everything work fine.
>
> All my ports is up2date.
>
> Regards.
>
> JAS

Greetings,

This looks like devel/git should depend on Docbook XML 4.5 if and only
if contrib/ is enabled (I have not checked other stuff that is fed
through the asciidoc -> xmlto processing chain).

xmlto would normally run _both_ the validator (xmllint) and the
formatter (xsltproc) with the "--nonet" option, so it cannot fetch the
DTD or whatever from oasis-open.org; instead, it (the Docbook XML data)
has to be installed locally.

Albert, Jonathan,

please install textproc/docbook-xml-450, then re-try installing Git with
CONTRIB, and report if that helps.

Wesley,

I propose the attached patch to devel/git to remedy this, and please run
a test build with CONTRIB enabled in a Tinderbox to see if there are any
other requisites that need to be listed additionally.

Best regards
Matthias