3. Updating "Bash" (Jerry)

Michael Zoon ma.zoon at quicknet.nl
Fri Jan 4 00:41:36 UTC 2013

>Message: 3
>Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:32:49 -0500
>From: Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net>
>To: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org, obrien at FreeBSD.org
>Subject: Updating "Bash"
>
>Bash is currently at Bash-Release: 4.2, patch level 42. The port's
>version is only at patch level 37, which was released on 16-Jul-2012.
>This is an important port and since the freeze is over with, I was
>wondering if this port will be updated?
>
>--
>Jerry ?

Hi, i have send last month the port maintainer also the latest files
To upgrade the port with latest patches.

However some months ago there was also problems
to get the latest patches for bash into the port system.
Many people did jump in here to get it done.

Digest 480 of 30-07-2012 says a lot
Including the ones a few versions older.

On the latest files I did send I did get no response at all
That's why I no longer will forward patches for bash.
But I agree that it is a important port and patches are not released for
nothing.
But in the end its all upon the port maintainer to do it or not.
I really hope it not will take 6 months again to get the outdated port
updated.

Regards,
Michael Zoon