Firefox 19.0,1 crashes at startup

Florian Smeets flo at smeets.im
Sat Feb 23 21:41:38 UTC 2013

On 22.02.13 16:09, Frank Seltzer wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Edwin L. Culp W. wrote:
>
>> Can you apply this patch
>>
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=246858
>>
>> to your stable/9 checkout, rebuild/install world and try to rebuild
>> firefox?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Florian
>>

>> I am running yesterdays kernel and just upgraded firefox this morning and am
>> writing this email on it with no problems.  The only difference is the
>> kernel is not Generic but that is probably a disadvantage for me.
>>
>> I bet Florian's suggestion will fix it.
>>
>> ed
>>
>> --
>> Bienes Raíces in Coatepec, Veracruz, Mexico
>
> I have updated /usr/src to
>
> Last Changed Author: mav
> Last Changed Rev: 247150
> Last Changed Date: 2013-02-22 04:47:21 -0500 (Fri, 22 Feb 2013)

You need at least r247156, that is the clang fix. David just confirmed
that it work for him now.

So the steps to getting a working firefox/seamonkey and probably
thunderbird are.

Update your source tree to anything >= r247156.
Rebuild and install world.
Rebuild firefox/seamonkey/thunderbird.
Profit :)

David, thank you for your support and countless firefox rebuilds :)

Florian