Pourdriere: Adding package to jail environment?

Patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 01:10:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM, John Marino <freebsd.contact at marino.st> wrote:
> On 12/31/2013 01:37, Patrick wrote:
>> ases/mongodb compiled by Pourdriere
>> for a 9.2/amd64 environment. I had a similar experience in another
>> jailed environment (non-Poudriere) which I resolved by first
>> installing lang/v8 into the environment. I'm wondering if there's a
>> way in Poudriere for me to install a package into the build jail?
>> Reading through the documentation, I don't see how to do this.
>
> In my experience, mongodb builds fine in a stock poudriere environment
> assuming there is enough space.  Are you sure you aren't running out of
> swap space?  Are you using tmpfs on poudriere?  if so, and if you don't
> have that much ram, you could be burning up all your ram and swap to
> build mongodb which is a mongo package.
>
> so yeah, I think you need to show the log that indicates WHY mongodb is
> failing to build.

I was just using the default settings, so perhaps that's a
possibility. Is there a way to disable it completely? It's not clear
from the config file, but I'm trying a new build with USE_TMPFS
commented out. Here's the last bit of the output when it failed. The
host system is a 10.0-RC2 on an Amazon EC2 m1.small instance, so
perhaps that's related. If it fails again, I'll try spinning it up on
a 9.2/m1.medium instance.

[snip, snip]
third_party/shim_boost.o
build/freebsd/cc_cc/cxx_c++/ssl/use-system-pcre/use-system-snappy/use-system-v8/usev8/third_party/shim_pcrecpp.o
build/freebsd/cc_cc/cxx_c++/ssl/use-system-pcre/use-system-snappy/use-system-v8/usev8/third_party/shim_snappy.o
build/freebsd/cc_cc/cxx_c++/ssl/use-system-pcre/use-system-snappy/use-system-v8/usev8/third_party/shim_v8.o
-Wl,--end-group -lv8 -lpcre -lpcrecpp -lsnappy -lkvm -lssl -lcrypto
-lpcrecpp -lpcre -lsnappy -lrt -lv8 -lexecinfo

c++: Internal error: Killed: 9 (program ld)

Please submit a full bug report.

See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

scons: *** [build/freebsd/cc_cc/cxx_c++/ssl/use-system-pcre/use-system-snappy/use-system-v8/usev8/mongo/mongooplog]
Error 1

*** [do-build] Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mongodb.

===>  Cleaning for mongodb-2.4.8

build of /usr/ports/databases/mongodb ended at Mon Dec 30 20:04:15 UTC 2013

build time: 02:36:48root

The full build log can be found here: http://var.pgib.me/mongodb-2.4.8.log

Thanks!

Patrick