devel/git fails, no /usr/local/bin/python

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 18 12:18:24 UTC 2013

On, Sun Aug 18, 2013, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I just tried to compile a 9-stable with ports r324867 using sysbuild.sh.
>
> Along the way the devel/git port fails, for the lack of python:
>
> 	gmake[1]: /usr/local/bin/python: Command not found
> 	test "$(cat GIT-PYTHON-VERSION 2>/dev/null)" = "" || \
> 	flags=--force; \
> 	/usr/local/bin/python setup.py  build $flags
> 	/usr/local/bin/python: not found
>
> I'm not quite sure what /usr/local/bin/python should be or point at,
> nor who/what/where it should have been created, but I have these:

[...]

Besides the answer already given, devel/git was updated (along with
several other ports so far) some hours ago to catch up with the latest
change and should pull in the correct python dependencies automatically
now.

Cheers
Marcus