ftp/curl: FAILURE due to configure: using CFLAGS: -DLDAP_DEPRECATED

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 8 17:58:34 UTC 2013

On several most recently update FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT machines the
update of port ftp/curl went smoothly, but on exactly one box the
portbuild fails with a very strange error:

[...]
configure: using CFLAGS: -O2 -pipe -O3 -march=native -DLDAP_DEPRECATED
-fno-strict-aliasing configure: CFLAGS error: CFLAGS may only be used
to specify C compiler flags, not macro definitions. Use CPPFLAGS for:
-DLDAP_DEPRECATED configure: error: Can not continue. Fix errors
mentioned immediately above this line.
[...]

I haven't set -DLDAP_DEPRECATED nor in /etc/make.conf neither
in /etc/src.conf nor can I find in /etc or //usr/local/etc any settings
of such a flag for CFLAGS! I delete /usr/ports/Mk
and /usr/ports/Templates and checked them out again via subversion, but
this mysterious CFLAGS  setting is sticky like hell.

How can I trace the settings of CFLAGS in the port?

Since this happens on only one box,I guess it has to do with some
settings in ports. I already tried to build curl via

portmaster -f curl

but that doesn't help much.

Does anybody has any suggestions?

Oliver